X-WOW Lecture Without Borders
Are you an expert in medicine willing to inspire future scientists, or be inspired? At X-WOW we aim to connect passionate students and professionals no matter where they come from through online lectures! Whether you are an enthusiastic medical expert, or a talented scientist, if you are willing to make a difference and give a lecture, please click here to learn more about the audience and submit an enquire form.
If you would like to attend a lecture, please scroll down.
These events are part-funded by Royal College of Pathologists' Public Engagement Grant.
[READ THIS] Use this form to register for an event, please make sure you register to this event with the correct details to receive a certificate of participation. If the page is not responding after clicking on the 'Register' button please be patient, depending on your internet speed you may wait for up to a minute.
- Mon, Oct 19X-WOW Online LecturesLecture by Dr Kate Hughes (University of Cambridge)In this talk I will explore some interesting facets of mammary gland biology and pathology. We will discuss mastitis in ruminants and mammary tumour formation in domestic species and we will examine some key unanswered questions that provide interesting research challenges.
- Wed, Aug 12X-WOW Zoom LectureCareers in Veterinary PathologyThe different careers available in veterinary pathology (clinical and anatomic pathology positions in academia, toxicologic pathology, research and diagnostic laboratories). Find out what we do every day, why we chose to work in veterinary pathology and what we like about it.
- Tue, Aug 04X-WOW Zoom LectureParasites: Friends or Foe? Seeing through the eyes of a long-term partner.Who a veterinary parasitologist is and what roles they play in disease control; Some of the significant parasitic diseases that affect our beloved patients; How veterinary parasitologists fits into the grand scheme of the one health initiative.
- Tue, Jul 21Zoom Online LectureVeterinary Pathology Demystified, by Dr Aleksandra ZurawOnline lecture by Dr Aleksandra Zuraw, toxicologic pathologist and publisher at the Digital Pathology Place to introduce what do veterinary pathologists do and how they contribute to “one health” and drug development.
- Mon, Jun 29Zoom Online LectureRational Antibiotic Use In Cats And Dogs, by Fergus AllertonDevelopment of multi-drug resistance in bacteria poses a serious threat to both animal and human health. Important questions including when antibiotics are necessary, how to optimise antibiotic selection and how to share this message with colleagues and clients, will be addressed.
- Wed, Jun 03Online Webinar (read 'About' below)Neuropathology in Ruminants by Dr Francesca ChianiniOrganised by Future Vet Pathologists Club (WeCare: https://www.x-wow.com/futurevetpathologists) and Dr Francesca Chianini from Moredun Research Institute to deliver a remote lecture on neuropathology to support vet students in Nigeria. Please contact us to access the recorded lecture.