X-WOW Lecture Without Borders
Are you an expert in medicine willing to inspire future scientists, or be inspired? At X-WOW we aim to connect passionate students and professionals no matter where they come from through online lectures! Whether you are an enthusiastic medical expert, or a talented scientist, if you are willing to make a difference and give a lecture, please click here to learn more about the audience and submit an enquire form.
If you would like to attend a lecture, please scroll down.
These events are part-funded by Royal College of Pathologists' Public Engagement Grant.
[READ THIS] Use this form to register for an event, please make sure you register to this event with the correct details to receive a certificate of participation. If the page is not responding after clicking on the 'Register' button please be patient, depending on your internet speed you may wait for up to a minute.
- Mon, 19 OctX-WOW Online Lectures19 Oct 2020, 14:00 – 16:00X-WOW Online LecturesIn this talk I will explore some interesting facets of mammary gland biology and pathology. We will discuss mastitis in ruminants and mammary tumour formation in domestic species and we will examine some key unanswered questions that provide interesting research challenges.
- Wed, 16 SeptX-WOW Interactive Zoom Lecture16 Sept 2020, 14:00 – 16:00X-WOW Interactive Zoom LectureThis presentation will summarise the main ethical considerations around the use of animals in research, and will illustrate with examples where veterinary surgeons are able to contribute.
- Sun, 30 AugX-WOW Zoom Lecture30 Aug 2020, 14:00 – 15:00X-WOW Zoom LectureDuring the presentation, we will discuss how having veterinary involvement in the airline industry could benefit animal welfare.
- Wed, 12 AugX-WOW Zoom Lecture12 Aug 2020, 13:00 – 15:00X-WOW Zoom LectureThe different careers available in veterinary pathology (clinical and anatomic pathology positions in academia, toxicologic pathology, research and diagnostic laboratories). Find out what we do every day, why we chose to work in veterinary pathology and what we like about it.
- Tue, 04 AugX-WOW Zoom Lecture04 Aug 2020, 13:00 – 14:00X-WOW Zoom LectureWho a veterinary parasitologist is and what roles they play in disease control; Some of the significant parasitic diseases that affect our beloved patients; How veterinary parasitologists fits into the grand scheme of the one health initiative.
- Fri, 31 JulX-WOW Zoom Lecture31 Jul 2020, 14:00 – 15:00X-WOW Zoom LectureCOVID19 is the latest zoonotic disease to become a global pandemic. The presentation will primarily address the questions: how do zoonotic diseases emerge and what can we do to prevent them?
- Tue, 21 JulZoom Online Lecture21 Jul 2020, 11:00 – 13:00 GMT+1Zoom Online LectureOnline lecture by Dr Aleksandra Zuraw, toxicologic pathologist and publisher at the Digital Pathology Place to introduce what do veterinary pathologists do and how they contribute to “one health” and drug development.
- Mon, 29 JunZoom Online Lecture29 Jun 2020, 13:00 – 15:00 GMT+1Zoom Online LectureDevelopment of multi-drug resistance in bacteria poses a serious threat to both animal and human health. Important questions including when antibiotics are necessary, how to optimise antibiotic selection and how to share this message with colleagues and clients, will be addressed.
- Mon, 22 JunZoom Online Lecture22 Jun 2020, 13:00 – 15:00 GMT+1Zoom Online LectureThis presentation will give an overview of what forensic veterinary medicine and pathology is (and what it’s not!), the practice of both, and some case reports.
- Wed, 03 JunOnline Webinar (read 'About' below)03 Jun 2020, 11:00 – 12:00 BSTOnline Webinar (read 'About' below)Organised by Future Vet Pathologists Club (WeCare: https://www.x-wow.com/futurevetpathologists) and Dr Francesca Chianini from Moredun Research Institute to deliver a remote lecture on neuropathology to support vet students in Nigeria. Please contact us to access the recorded lecture.